Thursday, May 3, 2012

Touch a Truck

Today Liam and I went to an event called Touch a Truck. The county puts on this event every year but we have never gone before.
The parking lot was filled with all kinds of trucks! They had firetrucks, tractors, big rigs, buses and even a limo. There was also a garbage truck that they were letting kids operate the garbage can lift. (I would have loved that as a kid - when I was five, I wanted to be a garbage man when I grew up, just to operate that lift).



Liam was mostly interested in playing at the Parents as Teachers table. They had a sensory table filled with bird seed and trucks. So we stayed there for a long time.

Later I took him on the city bus. He loved that bus. He got on and off and tried out all the seats. City buses are much nicer than I remember them.  First of all, there are no steps anymore. Well, you have to step up to get on but once you take that first step, you're done. But you have to walk up steps if you want to sit at the back of the bus. Its like stadium seating at the the movies. Very cool. I think Liam and I will have to take a little field trip just riding the city bus around.


No comments:

Post a Comment